We are committed to protecting your privacy online. We appreciate that you may not want the personal information that you provide to us to be distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
1. Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act)
FSL takes the security and privacy of those of its contacts about which it holds personal information extremely seriously. FSL follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information given to us in order to prevent unauthorised access. Personal data is held on our contacts and administration database either because of work we have undertaken or are currently engaged in, or because our clients have indicated that they would be interested in receiving material from us about our business and services. To that end we hold client contact details and the history of our client relationship. This allows us to manage our client relationships effectively and target items of interest so that clients do not receive unwanted material through the post.
You have a legal right under the Act to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding GBP10. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned in our Privacy Statement, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
FSL does not sell, rent or deal in the personal information we hold. Information may, in the ordinary course of business, move between different divisions in the Cording Real Estate Group or to our contractors, which may involve the transfer of data outside the European Economic Area.
2. Your consent
Because the Internet infrastructure is global, the information that you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar data protection legislation, during use. However, we have taken the steps outlined below to try to improve the security of your information.
3. Personal information that we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information (such as your name, email address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Site, subscribe to any service or request any information
- In connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details
- Communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content
- Information from surveys and promotions that we may, from time to time, run on the Site, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them
- Employment details if you send us a CV, resumé or other details of your employment history in connection with an advertised job vacancy or a general enquiry regarding employment opportunities with us.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
4. How we may use your personal information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- Verify your identity (for example when you return to the Site)
- Enable us to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request
- Administer and process details of any account that you hold with us
- Carry out visitor research
- Send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about us, our products and services, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes
You can tell us not to contact you with information regarding us, our products and services, either at the point such information is collected on the Site (by checking or un-checking, as directed, the relevant box) or, where you do not wish us to continue to use your information in this way, by following the unsubscribe instructions on any communications we send to you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the contacting us details shown below.
5. Information sharing
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site in order to describe our services to prospective partners and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we propose to undergo a re-organisation or sale to a third party, you agree that any personal information that we hold about you may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser and their advisers and may be transferred to that re-organised entity or purchaser.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
6. How we protect your information
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information. We have put in place various security measures to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse or alternation of personal information under our control. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
7. Storage of your information
Information that you submit via the Site is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom. This is necessary in order to process the information.
8. How to contact us